Reed joins ecoScorecard to offer architects and designers a simple way to specify and document green building products
Reed Construction Data, a leading provider of building information modeling (BIM) solutions and construction information, today announced a partnership with ecoScorecard , an Atlanta-based organization advancing the green building industry by facilitating the product evaluation and documentation process against the dominant environmental rating systems.
The ecoScorecard software presents architects and designers with an efficient way to search for green products, evaluate them against nationally recognized environmental rating systems and generate the documentation necessary for inclusion in the certification process.
Through this partnership, Reed Construction Data will assist in delivering the ecoScorecard software to the AEC industry and expand upon its efforts to promote sustainable design through BIM.
“ecoScorecard is the definitive platform for reporting environmental product contribution and we’re excited about the opportunity this green solution presents to the industry,” said Iain Melville, CEO, Reed Construction Data. “Through this offering, architects and designers can save a significant amount of time and further integrate sustainable design practices into their workflow.”
This offering allows manufacturers to present their products with corresponding environmental characteristics in the context of a rating system. The ecoScorecard system allows users to conduct searches based on different environmental criteria: recycled content, rapidly renewable, third party certification, product name or SKU.
“We’ve built a system that makes product evaluation easier. ecoScorecard allows manufacturers to present their product information in the way the A & D community most needs it. 24/7, ecoScorecard is like having a full time product evaluation consultant that takes the most tedious part the documentation process and makes it a thing of the past,” said Paul Shahriari, CEO, ecoScorecard.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets