New capabilities further increase productivity and project acceleration.
HUNTSVILLE – Intergraph® has released the newest version of its next-generation 3D design solution SmartPlant 3D® with expanded functionality. SmartPlant 3D 2009, part of Intergraph’s integrated SmartPlant Enterprise portfolio, offers significant additional functionality, increasing its unmatched productivity even further.
Customers using SmartPlant 3D typically realize 25- to 35-percent initial increases in productivity compared to other systems, higher quality deliverables and shorter schedules. With the expanded capabilities of SmartPlant 3D 2009, users can expect even further time and project savings.
SmartPlant 3D is Intergraph’s next-generation 3D design system. It provides clients with the most productive, highest quality, multi-discipline 3D modeling environment in the world for global multi-office execution of process and power projects. Integration of SmartPlant 3D within SmartPlant Enterprise provides both critical integration to other disciplines during engineering, and critical integration for capital Project Lifecycle Management (cPLM) for handover to owner operators for the ongoing operations and maintenance of their plants.
The new features of SmartPlant 3D 2009 include:
* Design reuse – A new “Model Data Reuse Wizard” allows users to efficiently copy complex systems and the objects nested under those systems to a new destination within the same site database. This is a significant market differentiator that allows the systematic reuse of 3D model data.
* Enhanced referencing of laser scanning data – Users can integrate laser/pointcloud data with the design model for detailed design and engineering reviews, extending its use into plant revamps and other brownfield projects. The overall value and savings realized through referencing laser data into SmartPlant 3D can result in savings of more than $2 million and 10 percent shortened project duration on an average $100 million revamp.
* Breakthrough 3D display performance – Designers can perform 3D navigation (pan, rotate, zoom in/out, fit, view, update, etc.) on even the largest models using high-performance graphics with an order of magnitude improvement in response time, allowing users to move and orient quickly through their largest models.
* Extended modeling capabilities – SmartPlant 3D 2009 offers extended modeling capabilities including fireproofing and solids modeling. With rules-based automation of fireproofing material, SmartPlant 3D saves initial design and modeling time. It also will support sophisticated modeling of concrete structures and complex equipment, which is particularly helpful in industries with many unique geometries such as the nuclear and offshore industries.
* Content – A large amount of content has been added including symbols for flanges, valves, valve operators, fittings and specialty items, instruments, jacketed pipe, cable trays, duct bank, lighting, conduit, HVAC and many more. This large content database greatly reduces implementation time & risk, and further assists clients to create more standardized deliverables.
* Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 support – SmartPlant 3D 2009 is fully supported and tested on Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 (XenApp 4.5) for companies using Citrix for virtual deployment and cost management.
Intergraph, key customers and partners worked closely to deliver these new features. For example, JGC, a premier global engineering contractor based in Yokohama, Japan, was instrumental in SmartPlant 3D’s new, best-in-class fireproofing capabilities.
“The ability to model fireproofing in SmartPlant 3D extends well to fulfill the engineering requirements,” said Yukio Uchida, a senior civil engineer at JGC. “Configurable client (fireproofing) specifications along with delivered encasement types and user specified 2D symbols allow us to cover all our fireproofing needs. Quantities for weight, volume, surface areas, and center of gravity are easily extracted. The fireproofing is automatically updated as the member changes cross section, type, or length. Intelligent interference detection is continually maintained to ensure proper clashes with other disciplines while restricting false clashes with neighboring steel. For companies that also have programming knowledge, the functionality can be even further extended using the delivered rules and symbols.”
Patrick Holcomb, Intergraph Process, Power & Marine executive vice president, said, “This new version of SmartPlant 3D incorporates important new capabilities with the proven performance of the industry’s only next-generation design solution to enable users to quickly realize the productivity gains and competitive edge that are critical in today’s demanding environment.”
The ARC Advisory Group, a leading industry analyst firm, ranked Intergraph the No. 1 overall engineering design 3D software and process engineering tools (PET) provider worldwide according to its PET Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast through 2013.
May 13, 2009
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel