Delcam announced at its Annual General Meeting yesterday that, after twenty years as Managing Director, Hugh Humphreys will be stepping down from the role on 1 August. Mr. Humphreys, who has led the Group’s successful expansion since the staff buy-out in 1989, will remain on the Board as an Executive Director and Deputy Chairman. At the same time, the Board announced the appointment of Clive Martell as Managing Director. This appointment will also take effect on 1 August.
Mr. Martell, aged 47 years, is currently Operations Director and responsible for the day-to-day management of the Group’s operations worldwide. He was previously responsible for Delcam’s commercial activities in the UK and Europe for seven years. He was appointed to the Board in 1996, having joined Delcam in 1982. As Managing Director, he will lead the Group as it continues to consolidate its position as the world’s largest specialist supplier of software and services for CNC machining.
Making the announcement, Mr. Humphreys said, "I am delighted that Clive will be assuming the position of Managing Director. He has played an instrumental role in the development of the business in the UK and Europe and, more recently, worldwide. I am confident that, under his leadership, Delcam will continue to enjoy ongoing success.”
Mr. Martell added, "During the last 20 years, Hugh has led the growth of the business to create a global company with a reputation for innovation, quality and outstanding customer support. The Group has expanded from its UK origins to now have more than 150 local support offices in over 80 countries. I believe there remain significant opportunities to strengthen our market share and I am excited to be leading the Group’s continuing successful growth.”
The expansion over the past twenty years continued with a recent announcement of record sales during 2008. These results have been achieved by increasing the sales of the Delcam’s established software and services, by acquiring new products and by developing software for new applications. The company now has more than 500 direct employees, divided between the Birmingham headquarters and subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia, plus over 200 more staff in Joint Ventures in Europe and Asia. Delcam has close to 30,000 customers worldwide, in a huge range of industries, from automotive and aerospace to footwear and jewellery.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets