HOUSTON - COADE announced today the compatibility of CADWorx 2009 with AutoCAD 2010, with full support for this latest release announced by Autodesk. In addition to compatibility with AutoCAD 2010, CADWorx Plant Design Suite 2009 for process plant design, initially released in 2008, incorporates new capabilities and performance-enhancing features. For example, CADWorx Plant Professional was enhanced with valve top-works capabilities that allow users to place valve hand wheels, levers, actuators, and other items using specification-driven selection routines. Enhancements in CADWorx P&ID Professional enable process and instrumentation diagrams to be checked out and checked back into the main project database. New to the CADWorx line is CADWorx Steel Professional Plus, a package that quickly and accurately designs steel structures.
“We actively listen to our users, and one thing that is very important in the marketplace is staying current with the latest technology,” stated Joe Dixon, product manager for COADE’s Plant Design Solutions. “CADWorx delivers for users by supporting the latest version of AutoCAD while also making plant design easier and more flexible than ever before,” Dixon added.
According to Autodesk, the latest release of AutoCAD introduces new capabilities to help users tackle challenging design problems, including free-form design tools, parametric drawing and enhanced PDF support. AutoCAD 2010 provides more power and innovation to help users document, communicate, explore and customize design ideas plus provides new free-form design tools to more easily explore ideas in 3D models and create shapes.
The CADWorx Plant Design Suite for process plant design offers intelligent drawing to database connectivity, advanced levels of design automation and easy-to-use design tools. Because of these distinct advantages, it has been rapidly adopted by EPC firms and owner operators in the process, power, water treatment, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and semiconductor industries. CADWorx also offers the industry's first and only true bi-directional links between CAD and engineering analysis tools, linking CADWorx with COADE’s industry-leading software programs for pipe (CAESAR II) and pressure vessel and exchanger (PV Elite) analysis and design.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio