Centric and E-Spec bring enterprise PLM to Gerber WebPDM users in the fashion industry.
CAMPBELL, Calif: Apparel companies that use Gerber Technology WebPDM™ product data management (PDM) software now can integrate directly with Centric 8 product lifecycle management (PLM) and sourcing suite.
The integration allows data currently siloed within WebPDM to be used by others in the enterprise, including merchandising, product management and sourcing teams. The connector, available today, is compatible with both thick-client and Web interfaces of WebPDM, and is backward compatible to WebPDM Version 4.1 and all V5 releases.
The new connector, part of Centric Enterprise Connectivity, enables access to design files stored in webPDM for use within Centric 8 solutions, including Line Planning, Calendar Management, Product Sourcing, and Product Profitability Planning. Now, design teams can continue to leverage the familiar design tools, while the larger enterprise manages the entire product process consistently, more effectively and more profitably.
"The workgroup efficiency of WebPDM for design file management can now be leveraged into business driven PLM processes that impact the top and bottom lines of their business," says Centric CEO Chris Groves. "Now more than ever, product launches, profitable products, and global collaboration are driving fashion companies to expand their IT investments to improve their enterprises. The new connector allows companies to extend the useful life of WebPDM legacy deployments."
Dan Hudson, President of E-Spec, Inc., which partnered with Centric to develop the connector, emphasizes the substantial cost savings realized from the WebPDM integration. "Customers can achieve increased business value without needing to rip out and replace WebPDM. The extensive compatibility offered allows companies to avoid costly upgrades in these times of scarce IT resources."
May 14, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- SolidWorks Software Helps Bring a 30 Year Dream to Life; Re-creation of U.S.S. Missouri