New Delhi : The plastic exports promotion council (PLEXCONCIL) in association with DesignTech Systems Ltd (DesignTech) organized a technology show for all the plastic product designers and manufactures, to showcase the benefits of latest CAD/CAM/CAE and PLM technologies during various stages of their product development cycle.
The current tough economic situation and global competition has forced all product designing and manufacturing companies to look at new ways of designing and manufacturing processes to reduce product costs and cut down product development cycle times for gaining competitive edge. Plastic product designers and manufactures are also hard pressed to take up these challenges to survive and grow.
Mr. Vikas Khanvelkar, Managing Director, DesignTech Systems Ltd said “That use of the latest technologies is a must for all the plastic companies and our objective of this show is to show the full range of solutions at one time and demonstrate how these are useful.
He also added that this technology will enable the manufacturers to get the first time right design, optimize the product design to reduce the cost and compress the development cycle thereby bringing the product early in the market”.
Mr. Nimesh Sayani, Chairman, PLEXCONCIL stated “That this show will be of great value to all our member companies. As exporters of plastic products from India, our members have to be ready to face global competition and they should be prepared to use same level of tools as used by their global counterparts”.
Mr. Sanjay Daga, Vice-President, Operations, DesignTech Systems Ltd. further added “DesignTech is willing to work with PLEXCONCIL to train and support their member to seamlessly adopt these modern tools and put them to productive use to derive the best returns”.
The show covered presentations of senior experts on end to end design process from concept design to product design, engineering, flow simulation, stress analysis, optimization and Rapid prototyping. This provided insight to the plastic product designers and manufactures on how the technologies can be deployed by them to increase profitability and cut down design cycle time.
The Plastics Export Promotion Council (popularly known as PLEXCONCIL) sponsored by The Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Department of Commerce, Government of India, represents the exporting community in the Indian Plastics industry. In its pursuit to achieve export excellence, various export promotional activities are undertaken by PLEXCONCIL. These include participation in international trade fairs; sponsoring delegations to target markets; inviting business delegations from the overseas to India; organising buyer-seller meets both in India and the overseas etc. and servicing the needs of its members.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio