LA JOLLA, Calif : ReverseEngineering.com announced today that its newest product, ReSpect™–– a feature-based, Go/No-Go, Reverse Engineering and Inspection software product -- has been optimized for maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) operations.
ReSpect™ is designed for feature measurement, inspection, and CAD-to-part comparison directly in SolidWorks using popular 3D scanners and portable manual CMM arms. ReSpect™ is a plug-and-play tool-set integrated with SolidWorks 2009 3D mechanical design software. Engineers and designers use SolidWorks with ReSpect™ to capture and measure data from existing parts, while working directly within the SolidWorks environment. Therefore, it allows you to measure and digitize directly into a CAD system; there is no translation or associated cost required. ReSpect™ is designed specifically to support geometric dimensioning and tolerancing applications (GD&T) that are critical aspects of MRO.
Just some of the advanced features and capabilities of ReSpect™ include:
* Pull-down menu, toolbar, and command manager integration that provide an efficient user interface for measurement.
* Repeat Part datum alignment.
* Simple Go/No-Go Measurements displayed with Property Page Manager for quick feature measurement results.
* Integration between scan device, mouse, and the CAD system
* CAD system Feature Tree Management lets you organize measured and nominal data.
* The ability to scan millions of points and create lock plane and radial profiles for inspection with user-defined plane tolerancing.
* On-Demand scan data database can be accessed anytime and modified.
Some of the most common industry applications for ReSpect™ include:
* Aerospace: Alignment, Tooling & Mold Certification, Part Inspection.
* Automotive: Tool Building and Certification, Alignment, Part Inspection.
* Metal Fabrication: First Article Inspection, Periodic Part Inspection.
* Molding/Tool and Die: Mold and Die Inspection, Prototype Part Scanning.
“ReSpect™ aligns the real-time scan session to your part, and instantly lets you check a prototype, or analyze assembly fit problems, and then simultaneously updates your Solidworks design,” said Braxton Carter, Chief Technology Officer, ReverseEngineering.com. “Because of this unique OEM integration to the SolidWorks interface, engineers are more productive and experience a complete harmony between the movement of the CMM, the mouse, and SolidWorks.”
ReSpect™ supports coordinate measuring machine (CMM) devices such as Faro, Romer, MicroScribe, and 3D Creator. Demonstrations can be seen at the Aviation Week MRO Show, Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, Grapevine/Dallas, Texas, April 21 through April 23, 2009 in Booth #1304.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets