West Springfield, MA – Eastec 2009 features the unveiling of two major developments in CNC Software’s Mastercam CAD/CAM software. Attendees will get the first look at Mastercam’s latest CAD/CAM software, Mastercam X4, as well as the new Mastercam® for SolidWorks® product. Both will be showcased in booth #5245 at the Big E Fairgrounds, West Springfield, MA, on May 19-21.
Due out in second quarter of 2009, Mastercam X4 brings users a suite of new toolpaths, Multi-threading ability, and much more.
Dynamic Machining – This new machining technique gives you the ability to utilize the entire flute length of the cutting tool, saving both time and money. Dynamic machining offers flexible retract options to keep the tool down in smaller parts, and rapid retract on larger parts.
Multi-threading – Mastercam Mill delivers multi-threading support, dividing complex tasks in a multi-core computer, and delivering faster processing and other benefits. You have the option to turn this on or off. When used in a single-core environment, Multi-threading allows users to multi-task, prioritize running and pending tasks, and monitor the progress of toolpath calculation, which increases productivity.
Other X4 features include:
- Powerful 3D toolpath refiner for dramatically better finish
- Feature Based Machining Drill enhancements
- Feature Based Machining Mill enhancements
- Tree-style dialog boxes for 2D toolpaths
- Circle 5-axis toolpath
- Agie Support
Mastercam for SolidWorks
Mastercam for SolidWorks is fully integrated CAM that runs seamlessly in SolidWorks. SolidWorks users can now program their parts directly within SolidWorks using Mastercam’s industry-leading toolpaths and machining strategies.
Mastercam for SolidWorks includes a suite of cutting strategies, including Feature Based Machining (FBM) and 3D High Speed Machining (HSM) toolpaths. HSM promotes longer tool life, faster machining time, and precision cutting by creating smooth cuts that eliminate dangerous sharp moves. Mastercam for SolidWorks also delivers a powerful set of automated cleanup toolpaths, letting you get parts off the machine faster and with little or no handwork.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets