BARCELONA, Spain - In an effort to help customers drive down costs and increase efficiencies, HP today announced the expansion of its large-format portfolio with a range of new workgroup and multifunction printers, software solutions and new media choices to address the needs of office users, IT managers and production operators.
With advanced options to integrate into IT-managed network infrastructure environments, the new products, solutions and large-format papers provide geographic information systems (GIS), architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) and mechanical computer aided design (MCAD) workgroups increased personal productivity and cost savings with improved connectivity, security, fleet management and cost control capabilities.
HP's product showcase, demonstrated in booth 1200 at the AIIM International Exposition and Conference, features a full range of digital solutions that allow busy workgroups in small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) and enterprises to profitably grow their businesses with increased efficiency, higher-quality output and reliability.
"In today's economy, enterprise and SMB customers are under extreme pressure to develop a leaner, more efficient infrastructure with lower costs, while still providing high-quality results," said Santiago Morera, vice president and general manager, Large Format Printing, HP. "HP is committed to providing solutions that meet these needs for improved manageability, cost-effectiveness and greater efficiency and allow our customers to drive profitable growth while exceeding their customers' expectations."
Optimise imaging and printing infrastructure with new large-format printing choices
Delivering fast print speeds, a powerful in-printer processing architecture with an 80 gigabyte (GB) hard disk and convenient job management tools, the HP Designjet T1120 Printer series allows professionals to easily meet deadlines, even during peak periods, while maintaining professional print quality.
Specifically designed to meet the needs of GIS and AEC professionals, the HP Designjet T1120 Printer series offers a new level of print quality and functionality that enables users to enhance the quality of their drawings and presentations.
Demonstrating HP's leadership in the large-format multifunction printer (MFP) market, the new HP Designjet T1120 SD-MFP provides an easy-to-use and affordable solution to small and medium-sized technical firms interested in reducing outsourcing costs with an in-house device that includes print, copy and contact image sensor (CIS) scanning technology.
The HP Designjet T1120 HD-MFP offers advanced copy, scan, performance and manageability features all in one integrated device with charge-coupled device (CCD) scanning technology and professional-quality prints with HP Vivera inks.
Designed for growing and demanding technical workgroups, the series is composed of a variety of printer options, including the HP Designjet T1120, T1120ps, T1120 SD-MFP and T1120 HD-MFP.
New solutions for high-volume technical workgroups
Designed to allow enterprises, public sector customers and reprographic houses to cost-effectively produce large-format drawings, maps, presentations, renders and posters, the new HP Designjet 4020/4520 Printer series delivers high-quality output, enhanced security features, fast connectivity and management tools that allow technical design professionals to increase productivity and meet customer demand.
Featuring HP Double Swath technology, the HP Designjet 4020/4520 Printer series produces up to 100 A1/D prints per hour without sacrificing image quality, accuracy or product robustness. Advanced features, including in-printer processing, a 160GB hard drive and up to 1,120 megabytes (MB) of memory(1), ensure consistent results and worry-free, unattended operation.
The series includes a variety of printer options designed for busy workgroups that print continuously in centralised production environments, including the HP Designjet 4020 and 4020ps Printers and the HP Designjet 4520, 4520ps and 4520 HD-MFP.
HP recycling programs and enterprise solutions benefit new technologies
HP Designjet T1120 and 4020/4520 Printer series ink cartridges can be returned for free and convenient recycling in more than 47 countries and territories with the HP Planet Partners program.(2) Boxes to collect the cartridges for return can be ordered at www.hp.com/recycle.
The new HP Designjet portfolio is optimised for HP Web Jetadmin 10.2, an easy-to-use print management tool that enables remote configuration, proactive monitoring, security, troubleshooting and reporting of printing and imaging devices. Seamlessly integrated within the existing network, HP Web Jetadmin allows large-format printing devices to be remotely managed as part of a diverse fleet of office printers and copiers.
In addition, the new large-format devices, MFPs and software solutions are integrated into the HP Managed Print Services offerings, enabling customers to reduce printing infrastructure costs, increase uptime and deliver predictable, consistent service across multiple locations.
New software solutions allow customers to capture new business
HP also introduced four new software solutions designed to increase productivity, reduce costs and deliver high-quality results to help customers capture more business.
New solutions include:
* Serif Poster Designer Pro for HP(3): Allows users to easily create professional large-format posters and banners in house. The software solution gives the design power needed to achieve high-quality posters and banners to inform, educate and promote businesses on a new and larger scale. With an intuitive interface, professionally designed templates and a wide range of tools and effects, Serif Poster Designer Pro for HP achieves superb results quickly, easily and reliably.
* HP Instant Printing Utility 2.0(4): Facilitates an easy large-format printing experience, enabling fast preview and single-click batch printing of HP-GL/2, Adobe® PDFs and Microsoft PowerPoint files.
* SCP Reprocontrol for HP(3): Empowers production operators to flexibly automate, standardise and manage colour consistently within the production workflow. The increased control helps reduce print costs and increase profits.
* HP Accounting Excel Tool 2.0(5): Enables users to remotely view and create advanced usage tracking reports that include supplies, media, user information, account information and the types of print jobs, making it easy for administrators to invoice or cross-charge departments, projects or clients at periodic intervals for the correct amount of printer usage.
New large-format printing materials to meet diverse customer needs
The new additions to HP's large-format photo, banner and signage printing material portfolio are designed specifically for AEC and GIS firms, retail stores, tradeshow agencies and print service providers (PSPs). These printing materials bolster HP's broad portfolio of more than 70 media choices and offer uncompromising image quality, consistency, performance and durability.
The new printing material choices include:
* HP Everyday Adhesive Matte Polypropylene: Produces prints with excellent colour vibrancy for brilliant images at an everyday price. Designed for both indoor and outdoor applications, the adhesive polypropylene film is crafted for durability and versatility to produce bold and long-lasting signs and displays without compromising performance.
* HP Durable Banner with DuPont Tyvek: Designed to provide consistently outstanding results for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor printing needs. The extremely resilient banner material provides ideal image quality and vibrant colours and is tailored to accommodate customers demanding consistency, durability, fast dry time and reliability from single prints to a broad range of indoor and outdoor signage applications.
* HP Recycled Bond Paper: Reduces the impact of printing on the environment and is designed for the everyday printing needs of technical applications. Produced with 100 percent recycled base paper from post-consumer waste papers, chlorine-free HP Recycled Bond Paper can help HP Designjet users comply with environmental policies set by their organisations and clients and offers high-quality, trouble-free performance at a competitive price.
* HP Cockle-free Coated Papers: Provide graphic and technical customers with outstanding image quality on papers designed to stay flat during and after printing. Designed together with Original HP dye-based inks and HP Vivera pigment inks, HP Cockle-free Coated Papers can accept high ink loads without cockling, producing deep colour and dense blacks, even at fast print speeds. Customers can choose from HP Cockle-free Heavyweight Coated Paper at 170g/m2 or the surprisingly lightweight HP Cockle-free Coated Paper at just 100g/m2.
HP's broad and versatile large-format printing material portfolio includes substrates for a variety of uses and applications, including graphic design, professional photography, digital fine arts, prepress/proofing, and commercial and industrial printing. More information about the portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/designjet/supplies.
More information on the products and solutions mentioned above is available in an online press kit at http://www.bespoke.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1012 Non-HP site.
HP, the world's largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
(1) 608MB RAM plus a 512MB memory upgrade accessory.
(2) Some HP Designjet ink cartridges are unsuitable for recycling; a list of non-returnable supplies is available at www.hp.com/recycle.
(3) Compatible with select HP Designjet models.
(4) Software not included; can be downloaded at no charge from www.hp.com/go/hpinstantprintingutility. Compatible with select HP Designjet models.
(5) Software not included; can be downloaded at no charge from www.hp.com/go/designjet/accounting. Compatible with select HP Designjet models.
Apr 7, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio