Scottsdale, Arizona : Geometric Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Geometric Limited and an industry leader in developing advanced manufacturing software will showcase CAMWorks(R) 2009, the latest version of its solid‐based CNC programming solution, at the Hannover Messe exposition, Booth # E69, Hall 17, Hannover Exhibition Grounds in Hannover, Germany from April 20 to 24, 2009.
CAMWorks 2009 has over 100 new user‐driven features and enhancements, to enable users to program parts faster and more easily. In addition, it provides a significant number of advanced machining options to further strengthen CAMWorks' existing manufacturing capabilities. CAMWorks 2009 is also available in a 64‐bit version that allows engineers to use its powerful processing to program data‐intensive parts.
Some of the key enhancements of CAMWorks 2009 that would be showcased at the event include:
Multiple process support: Increase in performance due to CAMWorks' ability to generate 3 ‐ 5 axis toolpaths as separate threads, and in separate processes, allowing users to continue working in other areas, or on other CAM models.
CAM data reusability: Data reusability has been extended to enable the import of CAM data associated with part models into assembly models, allowing parts to be programmed and applied to different jobs. In addition, library features can be created that allow select CAM data to be reused in other jobs.
Visualization: Improved graphic display performance, expansion in part and machine simulation, and a new XML‐based user defined setup sheet, which allows machining information to be viewed in a web browser
Additional enhancements: Turning features and toolpaths have been made more intelligent, thus resulting in safer and more simplified programming of turn and mill/turn parts. Wire EDM users will benefit from new and easy creation of multiple glue stops and a more powerful post processing environment. Simultaneous 4/5 axis improvements include enhanced toolpath control, expanded collision avoidance, and creation of multiple toolpaths using rotate and copy options. Lastly, enhancement to Automatic Feature Recognition and the intuitive user interface make CAMWorks easier to use than before.
CAMWorks is a SolidWorks(R) certified Gold CAM product that provides state‐of‐the‐art machining capabilities seamlessly integrated in the SolidWorks environment. CAMWorks can run within SolidWorks, or as part of a cost‐effective CAD/CAM package that includes CAMWorks Solids, an integrated solid modeler.
Apr 17, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio