Catalog Data Solutions Parametric Catalog and CAD Downloads selected by Brother International Corporation.
San Jose, CA : Catalog Data Solutions (CDS), a leading provider of online product selection tools for industrial suppliers and distributors, today announced that Brother International Corporation has selected its CDS Catalog product for parametric product search and its CDS ModelServer product for CAD Downloads. The CDS Catalog will frontend the CDS CAD ModelServer CAD download solution and both will be integrated into the Brother website.
The products to be promoted through the CDS solutions are Brother's Mini, Water Resistant Mini, Mid and F3 Series Gearmotors and Reducers were designed in response to the industrial demand for smaller, lighter, more reliable, and energy efficient power transmission. "Our customers frequently request CAD models of our products for incorporation within their CAD designs. We evaluated possible solutions and selected CDS as the best choice to build our models, provide CAD downloads in multiple formats and provide a parametric catalog to make our products much easier to find and select online”, said Garett Dorman, National Operations Manager, Brother.
“We are delighted to have been chosen by Brother for our CDS Catalog and CDS ModelServer products,” said John Major, CEO Catalog Data Solutions, “Studies show that over 90% of designers and engineers now use the Internet to locate components for their new designs. Parametric and attribute based catalogs are vital sales and marketing tools for all industrial manufacturers and distributors to ensure their products are easy to find and select online. Once a product is selected, offering 3D CAD model downloads often ‘locks’ products into a design so suppliers later benefit from the sales success of that design.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio