CD-adapco is has announced that Aston Martin, the British manufacturer of prestige luxury sports cars, will use STAR-CCM+, CD-adapco’s technology leading CFD simulation tool, for the simulation of aerodynamics and vehicle thermal management.
An Aston Martin combines three important elements: power, beauty and soul, shaped through the ideas and vision of its designers and engineers who are united by a common goal and a common spirit: to build the most prestigious sports cars.
Dr Richard Johns, CD-adapco’s Director for the Automotive Industry is excited to be associated with one of the world’s most prestigious automotive marques: “Aston Martin has always been defined by the combination of creativity and manufacturing discipline. STAR-CCM+, through its automated simulation process, allows design engineers to rapidly explore entire design spaces, providing technical insight and generating creative enthusiasm.”
Apr 28, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets