Industry Leading Product Cost Management Platform also Provides Enhanced Assembly Costing and Virtual Production Environment Development Tools.
CONCORD, Mass - aPriori today announced the availability of aPriori v6.5, the newest version of its market-leading Product Cost Management software platform. With innovative capabilities that provide real-time, predictive and precise product cost assessments, aPriori v6.5 empowers manufacturing organizations to significantly reduce product costs by identifying quantifiable savings in material, tooling, labor and overhead while evaluating alternative designs, processes and sources.
“aPriori is designed to provide all people across an enterprise with instant visibility into how their everyday decisions affect cost – including engineering, design, sourcing and manufacturing organizations,” said Jeremy Rishel, Chief Technology Officer at aPriori. “Companies that have grown through acquisition, or companies within industries that have extended supply chains often utilize two or more CAD tools. With support for an additional database and new 3D CAD formats aPriori v6.5 can be leveraged by a larger population of individuals within our customer organizations to achieve their product cost targets and spend reduction goals.”
Shown below is a summary of the new features and applications available with aPriori’s newest release of software:
- Oracle – In aPriori 6.5, database support is extended to Oracle in addition to mySQL. Customers now have a choice of deploying aPriori on either mySQL or on Oracle 11g.
- Expanded CAD Cost Connector Support - aPriori 6.5 supported 3D CAD file formats now include:
- Solidworks® Support – Parts and assemblies created in SolidWorks 2008 or 2007 releases can now be opened and cost in aPriori directly from a file, without accessing the CAD application.
- Autodesk® Inventor® Support – Parts and assemblies created in Inventor 2009 or 2008 releases can now be opened and cost in aPriori directly from a file, without accessing the CAD application.
- STEP Import – Parts exported as STEP files can now be opened and cost in aPriori directly from a file, without accessing the CAD application
- Deep Bill-of-Materials Support – aPriori now supports display and navigation of the fully indented bill of material (BOM). For an assembly, there are now two user selectable views, an indented BOM view and a component list view.
- VPE Creator Application - Complementing the enhanced Virtual Production Environment (VPE) Maintenance Tool in 6.5, aPriori is offering a new VPE Creator Application. The aPriori VPE Creator allows customers to easily create copies of their own VPEs or aPriori Baseline VPEs and model different variations in labor rates, material rates or machine configurations.
Apr 20, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets