BANGALORE, India - Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT), a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, announced today that TATA Autocomp Systems Ltd (TACO) is expanding its deployment of CHS electrical/wire harness design tools. TACO, part of the India-based TATA Group, provides components and design services to the worldwide automotive industry. With several years experience using Mentor Graphics software already accumulated, TACO uses CHS to offer cost-competitive vehicle systems integration and wire harness design services internationally.
Within the CHS product suite, TACO primarily uses the Capital® Harness™ tool, a computer-aided design, engineering and costing application developed specifically for the wire harness industry. This product provides comprehensive harness design capture capabilities, supplemented by a rich array of functionality for automating engineering tasks by intelligently adding value to raw design data. Like all CHS products, the Capital Harness tool is supported by powerful data management, integration and reporting tools. All data is stored within an electrical database to promote maximum re-use, flexibility and consistency.
“CHS is the most powerful vehicle electrical design platform available,” said Sanjay Srivastava, GM, TATA Autocomp Systems Ltd. “Not only does TACO benefit internally from the comprehensive engineering functions, we also find that many of our customers already use CHS. Native design data compatibility, combined with CHS’s comprehensive data exchange and integrity checking capabilities, ensures a very robust environment for design service businesses such as ours.”
“TACO has developed significant expertise with CHS, not only in wire harness design but also by providing electrical design process advice,” said Nick Smith, Business Development Director of Mentor’s Integrated Electrical Systems Division. “Companies such as TACO enhance the value of the software to our customer base by offering expert, cost-competitive services on the international stage.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets