Framework Designed to Facilitate Valuable Professional Skills Product Life-Cycle Management Training in Technological, Secondary and Higher Education Establishments
NEEDHAM, Mass - PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, has announced the signing of an agreement with the French National Ministry of Education and Ministry of Higher Education and Research to provide PLM technology training in schools across France. In many countries, PTC offers students, from college to university, an original program for Product Life-cycle Management (PLM) education in the form of software, training or course materials for teachers. In France, the National Ministry of Education has also decided to adopt this program which aims to bridge the gap between the educational "theory" and the "practical" aspects of the real-life professional, industrial world.
This agreement is based on two essential principles:
* Free individual license for all teachers in France. Via a web link, teachers will be able to download for free, and for unlimited duration, Pro/ENGINEER® software and access over 80 hours of online training. The flagship software of the PTC range, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 is one of the most powerful parametric CAD solutions on the market. It can be used to design, analyse and manufacture any product. This means that the teachers benefiting from the scheme will be able to give shape to their CAD/CAM ideas, to create models and complex surfaces and produce real-life simulations while connecting instantaneously to the necessary information and resources.
* Free access to a "site license" for teachers in secondary education establishments. Teachers in secondary establishments who have successfully completed preliminary training will have free access to a Pro/ENGINEER Schools Edition license. This Site License will provide free accesses to the establishment, and will additionally allow students to use Pro/ENGINEER in their homes. PTC will also provide access to teaching materials for schools participating in this program. What is more, every establishment will be able to take part in the PTC Collaborative Engineering project via access to a PLM platform.
A dedicated site - www.ptc.com/go/education - provides all the information that teachers and students need.
"We are very pleased to have PTC taking part in the operation: 'A Key to Getting Started' ('Une Clé pour Démarrer') and extending the resources for all teachers," comments Jean-Yves Capul, Deputy-Director, Information and Communication Technologies at the French Ministry of Education. "The PTC Education Program puts the emphasis on training the teachers and facilitates the introduction of PLM at the secondary level. This program is of massive benefit for both teachers and students!"
"We are delighted with this agreement,” explains Kevin Dickey, Vice President Global Education at PTC. "We wish to make our Pro/ENGINEER software, our PLM solutions and our many training resources available to French teachers. It is vital for PTC to commit wholeheartedly to the training of young people in the new technologies so that they arrive on the jobs market with a solid grounding. Our program offers genuine opportunities for developing the skills of students and teachers alike, in order to encourage universal engineering training."
The PTC Education Program offers all teachers comprehensive training solutions designed for the training of a new generation of technicians. Today, approximately 23,000 schools and colleges, 1500 universities and over 10 million students in 28 countries are using PTC solutions. From college to university, PTC offers students an original education program on product life-cycle management (PLM), making available software and training courses along with course materials for teachers. This educational program ties in with the desire to raise technological awareness, so that more and more students are better equipped to embark on the career path of engineer thanks to innovative training with a guiding hand from the world of industry.
Mar 18, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets