LACEY — Engineered Software, Inc. has made an addition to their Pipe Tables used in the PIPE-FLO®, PUMP-FLO™ and Flow of Fluids piping system design software. The new piping table is for Cross linked Polyethylene (PEX) SDR9 Tubing. This follows on the heels of a recent approval for PEX tubing for use in water distribution systems into the California Plumbing Code.
PEX tubing is used as an alternative to copper piping due to many characteristics including its durability, flexibility, lower cost, and ease of installation. The table is based on the ASTM Standard F876 – 08a, and will be offered as an additional free download to those using the PIPE-FLO, PUMP-FLO and Flow of Fluids programs.
“PEX tubing has been used more frequently for some time now internationally, and we have been experiencing its popularity here in the U.S. as of late,” said Ray Hardee, P.E., Chief Engineer of Engineered Software. “We knew it was time to offer this to our customers for the use in their software,” he continued.
Engineered Software, in conjunction with pipe manufacturers and users, has created a number of Pipe Tables that can be downloaded for immediate use with PIPE-FLO, PUMP-FLO and Flow of Fluids software. In addition to the 15 most commonly used pipe specification tables that come pre-loaded in the software programs, Engineered Software also offers 54 other pipe specification tables including the new PEX table.
"We take great care to stay on top of the latest pipe material technologies but we often take suggestions from our customers as well for new pipe materials and their properties," said Hardee. "Our Pipe Tables allow our users to design their piping systems quickly and efficiently because the data is automatically in the program. We want the designer to simply click a few buttons and let the software do the calculations, instead of looking up properties for all of the piping system components."
Mar 2, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio