Delcam sets new sales record in 2008
Delcam has announced that the company achieved record sales in the year to 31st December, 2008. Sales for the period grew to £32.9 million, an increase of 11% over the £29.7 million recorded in 2007. Pre-tax profit rose to £2.26 million compared with the £2.15 million last year.
The company continued to increase its high levels of investment in software R&D, investing £8.8 million in the period, compared to £7.8 million during 2007. As well as supporting growth in new software sales and enabling the introduction of new products, this investment contributed to a 20% increase in maintenance revenues to £9.7 million.
Commenting on the results, Delcam Chairman, Peter Miles, said, "The robust results achieved by the Group over the past financial year reflect the high-quality software products that we continue to offer and the benefits of our diversified business, both in terms of our geographic reach and the many industries that we serve.”
"The next two years are going to be difficult but also an opportunity. The favourable exchange rate, strong cash position and high levels of predictable income present Delcam with a significant opportunity to increase our market share. During 2009, we plan to maintain our investment in product development and marketing to take advantage of the recovery when it comes, while continuing to exercise tight control over our day-to-day expenditure.”
Mar 30, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio