Fishbowl Solutions, Inc., a software, services and consulting company delivering solutions for the PTC Product Development System, announces their Bounding Box Application for Pro/ENGINEER .
In the mold making process it is common practice to manually calculate the rough cut or bounding box dimensions from the 3D CAD data so companies can reduce the amount of waste by ordering the correct size steel for each project. This manual method can be time consuming and lead to inaccuracies, which can have costly effects if the wrong size steel is ordered.
Fishbowl Solutions' Bounding Box Application automatically creates Pro/ENGINEER parameters and populates them with the bounding box dimensions from the part or assembly, so they can automatically be shown on the drawing or within PTC's Windchill content and process management solution, improving the accuracy of the dimensions.
Bounding Box's current features include:
•The ability to calculate the Bounding Box Dimensions for the current part or assembly, with respect to the Default Coordinate System.
•The ability to create a parameter for each dimension, if the parameters already exist, the application will modify the values to those just calculated.
•The ability to assign parameters as follows: X_Dim, Y_Dim, and Z_Dim.
•The ability to displays values for the diagonal dimension and surface area.
Contact Fishbowl Solutions at MCADsales@fishbowlsolutions.com to learn more about their Bounding Box Application and custom opportunities.
Feb 16, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets