Delcam GmbH General Manager Robert Aulbur (right) with Andreas Erb of SysCam at Delcam's Sales Partner Awards ceremony
Delcam's German subsidiary, Delcam GmbH, was named Sales Partner of the Year at the company's recent Sales Partner meeting in Birmingham. The subsidiary achieved sales growth of almost 40% during 2008, giving it the highest sales of any of Delcam's global network of resellers as well as its most successful year to date.
The increased sales were achieved across the complete range of Delcam software. The PowerMILL CAM system continued to contribute the largest proportion of the revenue, due mainly to the growing demand for more powerful five-axis machining software from many German customers. However, the highest growth was seen in sales of the FeatureCAM feature-based machining software, thanks in part to an impressive performance by sub-dealer Syscam. In addition, the PowerINSPECT inspection software saw sales almost double between 2007 and 2008. Sales of the ArtCAM artistic CADCAM program also grew strongly.
Like the whole Delcam organisation, Delcam GmbH achieved much of its success by diversifying outside of the company's traditional markets in the toolmaking industry. In particular, the German subsidiary has seen huge growth in the dental market.
Delcam GmbH General Manager Robert Aulbur was quick to praise the contribution of his whole team to the record-breaking performance. "Over the past three years, we have grown the number of staff from 16 to 27," he explained. "I have been able to recruit some extremely capable people during this time. Together with the very experienced staff that were already in the company, they have all contributed to our success."
Presenting the award, Delcam's Operations Director Clive Martell commented, "The increase in sales achieved by Delcam GmbH last year probably made it the fastest-growing CADCAM company in Germany. To be so successful in a mature economy, which is also the home country for several of our competitors, is a remarkable achievement."
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets