Recommendations for Community, Leadership and Lifetime Achievement Awards Accepted on Video and in Writing by March 3 2009
Denver CO - The CAD Society today announced it is accepting nominations of CAD industry developers, pundits and experts for the 2009 CAD Society Industry Awards. Nominations will be accepted via video or in writing for these prestigious awards. All nominations need to be received by March 3, 2009, for consideration by the CAD Society.
Each nomination needs to explain which award category the nominee should be considered, and the reasons why this nominee deserves to be honored. Email nominations can be sent to the contact information below. Video nominations need to be posted to YouTube with the keywords 'CAD Society' and an email link sent to the contact information below.
Members of the CAD Society will vote on nominations received. If you wish to vote on nominees, you need to become a CAD Society member now at www.cadsociety.org.
The CAD Society Awards acknowledge the contributions made by individuals that have affected and developed the CAD, engineering, manufacturing and architecture software industries. The awards will be presented at COFES (Congress On the Future of Engineering Software), this year scheduled for April 16-19 2009 in Scottsdale, AZ.
The CAD Society presents awards in three categories:
Joe Greco Community Award: For outstanding work in improving communication and developing community within the CAD industry. Evan Yares was the 2008 recipient of the Community award. Past award recipients include: Sean Dotson, Chris Yessios, Lynn Allen, Randall Rath, CJ Shirk, Kristine Fallon, and Ralph Grabowski.
Leadership Award: For outstanding technical and business leadership in the CAD industry, and focus and dedication to the needs of CAD users. Carl Bass was the 2008 recipient of the Leadership award. Past award recipients include: Jay Sunyogh, Dana K. "Deke" Smith, Robert McNeel, Tony Affuso, Tom Butta, Jon Hirschtick, and Bernard Charles.
Lifetime Award: For a lifetime of outstanding technical and business contributions to the CAD industry. Mike Riddle was the 2008 recipient of the Lifetime award. Past award recipients include: Dean Kamen, Russell F. Henke, Ken Versprille, L. Stephen Wolfe, Carl Machover, Dr. Joel Orr, and Patrick Hanratty.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets