Rachael Taggart and Ken Feitz Take on the Duties at the CAD Society
Denver CO - The CAD Society today announced that it has appointed an Interim President and Vice President to take the CAD Society forward into the new year.
Rachael Dalton-Taggart, 20 year industry veteran and Director of Marketing with Lattice Technology, will be Interim President until the society's AGM later this year. Ken Feitz, 18 year industry veteran, and Marketing Manager at TransMagic Inc. will take the roles of Vice President and Treasurer for the same term.
The CAD Society was formed in 1990, as part of the NCGA (National Computer Graphics Association), and split out on its own when the NCGA ended. Since then the CAD Society has been best known for its annual awards recognizing the achievements of CAD industry leaders. Those awards have been presented at the COFES (Congress On the Future of Engineering Software) since 2000.
Retiring President, Mike McGrath, commented on the change.
"Rachael and Ken have both been actively assisting the CAD Society for some time now, and have been responsible for several changes to the CAD Society over the last year. It is time, now, for the younger people in the industry to take over and we welcome their active interest."
"The pioneers of the industry, who founded the CAD Society and kept it going across the years need to be recognized and applauded for their efforts and keen interest in the CAD industry," commented Rachael. "Moving forward, The CAD Society will continue to seriously review its mission, with a growing focus on assisting CAD users, and vendors in changing the way engineering is being promoted and marketed to school children."
"The CAD Society will be reinventing much of what it does to appeal to online audiences and the 'millenial' generation," commented Ken. "But we are also in need of active participants to assist on the Board and are searching for volunteers to assist. We will be adding details to the web site in due course and encourage people to sign up as members and to volunteer."
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio