Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: TCS.BO, NSE: TCS.NS), a leading IT services, business solutions and outsourcing firm, announced that it has been named technology partner of Ducati Motor Holding SpA, the leading manufacturer of motorbikes and superbikes based out of Bologna, Italy.
TCS has signed a multi-million dollar, multi-year agreement with Ducati to deliver technology-based services that will help improve customer responsiveness and business efficiency. Ducati CEO and president Gabriele Del Torchio has come to India to kick-start this strategic relationship.
As a first assignment TCS has been awarded an ERP engagement for Ducati Motor Holding and its subsidiaries in Europe. TCS partnered with KPMG Advisory, Italy, for this assignment. KPMG would bring their local market competencies while TCS will bring its global network delivery model. The objective of this project is to drive quantum improvements in supply chain management, especially in the areas of forecasts, inventory levels and optimised production plans and overall reduced logistics costs.
S Ramadorai, CEO and MD, TCS, said "Our partnership with Ducati is another example of the cutting edge technology services that TCS is providing to leaders in different sectors and industries. With TCS as its tech partner, Ducati's ability to respond to customers and react to the evolving business environment will increase and help them to effectively use TCS' talent and expertise to boost their presence globally."
Gabriele Del Torchio, CEO and president, Ducati said, "Ducati is the leader in premium sport motorbikes with an impressive track record in terms of racing successes. We believe that TCS is the right partner to help us setup a strong company platform that will help us reach the next level in terms of company competitiveness and results in today's global market."
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets