INCAT professionals have roles in bringing key models to market
NOVI, Mich : INCAT, a Tata Technologies company and a global leader in Engineering Services Outsourcing (ESO) and Product Development IT services, today offered the company's congratulations to all its automotive clients exhibiting benchmark vehicles at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit.
Jaguar is launching its two high-performance flagships, the XFR and a revamped XKR at the show. Both reportedly will come with a new 510-hp, 500-lb-ft, supercharged V-8.
INCAT has been a tier 1 supplier to Jaguar for more than five years. In August 2008, the Company announced it was awarded a managed services contract with Jaguar Land Rover through 2013. Under the terms of the contract, INCAT is the preferred services partner in two key Product Development IT process roles that involve a team of approximately 250 INCAT staff located both onshore and offshore.
Warren Harris, INCAT CEO, said at the time of the August announcement, "This engagement with Jaguar Land Rover is a significant expansion of a long-standing and valued relationship between our organizations. The expertise that INCAT brings to this engagement is two-fold. First, there is our dominant position in product development IT services. Secondly -- and most importantly -- is our intimate knowledge of Jaguar Land Rover including its market, its products and its business objectives."
INCAT also provides Jaguar Land Rover specialist Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and engineering related services, with about 70 PLM consultants and engineers supporting Jaguar Land Rover projects on-site
Ford, another long-time INCAT automotive OEM client, had two models nominated for North American Car and Truck of the Year honors -- the Ford Flex and the Ford F-150 Pickup, respectively. The F-150 won NAIAS Truck of the Year honors on Sunday, January 11. The F-150 has been a top seller for more than 30 years was completely redesigned for the current model year. The Flex crossover is Ford's 7-8 passenger SUV replacement. INCAT professionals were involved in the digital engineering and data management necessary to bring both these industry leaders to market.
NAIAS Note: INCAT engineers, designers and consultants had a hand in the creation of more than 30 of the models on display at the 2009 North American International Auto Show in Detroit from OEMs in North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. The event is open to the public January 17-25.
Jan 13, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets