The latest AMD Opteron processor significantly ups workstation performance with low power consumption
Bangalore : AMD and HP today announced the immediate addition of the highly anticipated “Shanghai” 45nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron™ processor to its award-winning family of HP Workstations. The HP xw9400 offers the engineering advantages of HP’s highly tuned workstations along with new features from the AMD Opteron processor line, which offers the most dramatic performance and performance-per-watt increases from AMD since its introduction of the world’s first x86 dual-core processors nearly four years ago.
The HP workstations are designed to help professionals such as digital content creators, oil and gas engineers, and computer-aided manufacturing engineers achieve shorter project cycle times and greater parallelism in their workflow in a stable, multi-threaded, multi-tasking environment.
"HP and AMD are settingnewindustrybenchmarksfor multi-core workstation computing. With the inclusion of “Shanghai” 45nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron™ processor in HP Workstations, we will continue to focus on satisfying the most demanding customers by being the first to marketleading-edge workstation technology at a great value. We are offering more performance and robust capabilities with an eye towards designingrelevant products and solutionsfor theindustry,” said Anurag Gupta, Country Category Manager - Workstations, Personal Systems Group, HP India.
“AMD and HP have consistently provided solutions that offer unprecedented levels of performance and reliability,” said Ramkumar Subramanian, Sales & Marketing Vice President. “By bringing the performance and energy efficiency of the industry’s first native 45nm quad-core microprocessors to workstation computing, AMD and HP are giving customers the tools they need for faster visualization, analysis and product creation.”
· Quad-Core AMD Opteron 2352 processor (2.1 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 1 GHz Hyper Transport)
· GenuineWindows Vista® Business
· 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
· 250 GB 7200 rpm SATA NCQ
· Choice of graphics cards
· 3 years on site warranty for parts and labor
· 16X DVD+/-RW Super Multi SATA
· 80% efficient power supply
The “Shanghai” 45nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron™ processorbased xw9400 Workstations are available for shipment in India with immediate effect.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets