Dr. Patrick Moore, founder of the Greenspirit movement, Delivers Keynote about the Critical Role of Nuclear Power and How the Industry Must Adapt
Auburn Hills, MI., USA - Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced an event for the energy and power industry titled “Managing Outage and New Build Risk through Virtual Planning 2009.” The event, which will showcase the health, safety and monetary benefits of virtual planning, will take place February 11-13, 2009 at the Renaissance Orlando Resort at Seaworld in Orland, Florida.
Attendees of this event will learn about experiences from organizations such as Xcel Energy's Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant, ITER and Entergy's Waterford-3 Nuclear Plant. Sessions delivered by these companies will address their unique challenges and technological approach to integrate business process management with cutting-edge tools for design, engineering, maintenance and project planning. In addition, keynote speaker Patrick Moore, Ph.D, co-founder of Greenpeace who recently initiated Greenspirit, will discuss the critical role Nuclear Power will play in the future and why the industry must apply digital technology to support it.
With trillions of dollars worth of assets, plant owners and operators today realize that operating profitability is as important as the initial investement. Nuclear Steam System Supply (NSSS) and Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC), firms responsible for plant design and construction, are under pressure to build plants that are efficient while meeting strict regulatory standards. With major components being outsourced and the obligation to maintain plants over decades of continuous operation, many progressive organizations are relying on plant lifecycle management solutions to address these challenges.
Dassault Systèmes delivers 3D and PLM solutions to accelerate the optimization and implementation of new plants and to support maintenance and capital improvement processes over a plant’s entire lifecycle. Built on the same advanced technologies that have revolutionized the aerospace and automotive industries, Dassault Systèmes’ solutions help customers advance the pursuit of innovation by integrating business process management with cutting-edge tools for design, engineering, maintenance and project planning.
WHAT: Managing Outage and New Build Risk through Virtual Planning 2009
WHEN: February 11-13, 2009
WHERE: Renaissance Orlando Resort at Seaworld Orlando, FL
For more information and to register, visit the conference website at www.ds-energy2009.com.
Facility capacity is limited, so early registration is recommended.
Jan 15, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets