Sir Richard Branson, Jeff Ray, Jon Hirschtick, and World-Class Companies to Shine at World’s Largest Annual SolidWorks Gathering
CONCORD, Mass : The founder of Virgin, one of the most respected brands in the world. The chief executive of DS SolidWorks. A member of the team that delivered 3D CAD to Windows. Household-name companies recounting how they overcame their biggest engineering challenges.
All of this plus professional development, networking, and first-rate entertainment are on tap for SolidWorks World 2009 (http://www.solidworks.com/pages/swworld09/index.html), taking place Feb. 8-11, 2009, in Orlando, Fla.
“SolidWorks World improves every year as we incorporate attendee suggestions into the program,” said Efrat Ravid, director of marketing and alliances of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. (DS SolidWorks). “As a result, we’re packing more luminaries into the keynotes, more content into the general sessions, and tailoring break-out sessions more closely to the challenges designers and engineers face every day.”
DS SolidWorks CEO Jeff Ray will officially kick off SolidWorks World 2009 by detailing past and future commitments to customers. He will also spotlight customers who are “changing the world” amid unprecedented challenges and opportunities.
Ray will go on to introduce Special Guest Speaker Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group (www.virgin.com), consisting of more than 200 companies – from airlines and luxury properties to financial services and mobile phone service providers – employing over 50,000 people in 30 countries and recording more than $20 billion in 2006 revenues. Branson also applies his business expertise on environmental and social problems with Virgin Unite, his not-for-profit entrepreneurial foundation.
Day 2 dawns with an exploration of how the most well-known brands in the world confronted their biggest design challenges. Keynoter Jon Hirschtick, co-founder and group executive of DS SolidWorks, will help engineers tell their stories. Hirschtick is credited with bringing 3D CAD to the desktop.
On Day 3, attendees will get a sneak preview of SolidWorks® 2010 3D CAD software, featuring a host of new and improved capabilities, along with associated solutions for data management, analysis, and documentation.
SolidWorks World 2009 also offers:
* more than 150 in-depth training sessions;
* a Product Design Showcase of breakthrough inventions and exciting designs by SolidWorks customers;
* more than 100 hardware and software solutions that complement SolidWorks software in the Partner Pavilion;
* a special event on the “wild side of Disney,” Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. Attendees will come face to face with wild animals, ride the Kali River Rapids®, race down Forbidden Mountain™, and explore lush jungles (plus food, drink, and entertainment);
* and additional surprises throughout the week.
A full conference pass is $995 with a $100 early bird discount through Jan. 9. Attendees can save more by sending three people from the same company for the price of two full conference passes. For more information, visit www.solidworks.com/swworld.
SolidWorks World 2009 is produced by DS SolidWorks, a world leader in 3D solutions.
Listen to a podcast about SolidWorks World 2009 with Kerri Dunne, events manager for DS SolidWorks at http://blogs.solidworks.com/mediapodcasts/2008/12/solidworks-worl.html
Dec 17, 2008
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets