ATLANTA, GA : Quickparts, one of North America's largest providers of custom designed parts, from rapid prototyping to production parts, today announces the launch of the new Design For Manufacturing (DFM) services for rapid prototyping and injection molding.
As plastic product designs become more complex, Design For Manufacturing plays an instrumental role in successfully launching new products on time and under budget. The new DFM service allows customers to take advantage of the vast manufacturing experience and knowledge of the dedicated Quickparts manufacturing team. The service (valued at $300) is offered free of charge to customers working with Quickparts on new rapid prototyping and injection molding projects. A comprehensive DFM report is available which includes process flow details, expectations for the build, and final DFM recommendations.
"Design plays such a critical part in new product development, that sometimes the manufacturability aspect of product development is overlooked. We strive to provide our customers with top quality parts that work in their product design the first time. As budgets become tighter in these economic times, it is critical that we assist customers in every way to help them reduce costs and shorten product launch timelines. We see this value-add service as a way of helping them," said Patrick Hunter, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Quickparts.
To learn more about Quickparts' full line of manufacturing services or the new DFM services, please visit http://www.quickparts.com.
Quickparts provides custom manufacturing services for engineers and designers who want to create plastic and metal parts from 3D CAD (computer-aided design) models. Using patented QuickQuote process, Quickparts is able to provide product designers with an 'instant online quote' for the manufacturing of their custom parts from prototype to production.
Quickparts custom manufacturing services include: Rapid Prototypes (SLA, SLS, FDM, PolyJet), Cast Urethanes, Injection Mold Tooling and Parts, Sheet Metal Parts, and CNC Machined Parts.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets