CATIA Academic License to offer the most advanced and the highest quality 3D CAD education
Tokyo : Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced that Kanagawa Prefectural Eastern Region Vocational Technical School (Kana Tech College), a major engineering school under the Kanagawa prefecture, has selected the CATIA Academic License, for its mechanical design course on 3D CAD.
Kana Tech College, which opened in April 2008, is one of the largest engineering vocational schools in Japan. The school’s 3D CAD & Modeling Course is one of the most popular among all the 15 courses being offered by the school. Admission to the course is difficult as the competition is five times higher compared to other courses. Kana Tech College teaches students design and production processes; therefore, proposing practical 3D design training is critical for the school.
“Our school believes in teaching mechanical design, including not only basic design but also applied design skills, which are important for our students to find good jobs”, says Mr. Daisuke Taniguchi, general manager of 3D CAD & Modeling Course, Industrial Engineering, Kanagawa Prefectural Eastern Region Vocational Technical School. “We selected CATIA because it provides powerful free surface modeling capabilities that are critical for applied design. The students who followed this course have been recruited by leading automobile and electronics companies all over Japan."
With CATIA Academic License for educational organization, Kana Tech College offers the best 3D CAD technology to its students. The software includes almost all the functions that CATIA provides and offers the most advanced and the highest quality 3D CAD environment to the students. Kana Tech College’s 3D CAD & Modeling Course enables students to learn not only modeling technologies such as solid and surface, but also provides them with design methods including knowledge-based design and analysis by using CATIA.
“It is a pleasure for Dassault Systèmes that Kana Tech College selected CATIA to educate the new generation of 3D CAD engineers,” says Nicholas Calfacacos, managing director, Dassault Systèmes Japan. “By providing advanced design capabilities through our software to educational institutions, we are contributing to the creation of great products and shaping the future of Japan. DS solutions were implemented through a collaborative effort between DS and Ryoyu Systems Co., Ltd., a DS value-added reseller in Japan.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets