Growing 3D Analysis Requirements across Engineering Disciplines Drive Offering
BROOMFIELD, Colo -- Spatial Corp., a leading provider of 3D software components for technical applications, today announced availability of 3D Mesh, an object-based software component providing fully-configurable surface and volumetric meshing capabilities. The component includes mesh generation and pre-processing for a wide-range of applications including mechanical design, structural analysis, heat transfer, computational fluid dynamics and electronic design automation (EDA). With 3D Mesh, application providers with proprietary solvers are able to accelerate the delivery of a fully-integrated engineering analysis solution. Spatial’s 3D ACIS Modeler customers further benefit from 3D Mesh’s integration with ACIS and HOOPS 3D Application Framework.
Spatial licenses 3D Mesh from Visual Kinematics, Inc (VKI), a leading supplier of component software tools for the CAE industry for 20 years.
“We chose to partner with Spatial because they also have a long history of selling and supporting technology leading 3D software components. The integration of ACIS with the VisTools/Mesh (3D Mesh), combined with Spatial’s experienced support and professional services organization, provides a compelling reason for customers to choose Spatial for their component needs” stated Gordon Ferguson, President of VKI. “We are working closely with Spatial in support of their sales efforts, and continued development of our VisTools/Mesh component based on joint customer feedback.”
Application providers are looking for ways to accelerate product delivery, while maintaining their competitive advantage. CAE suppliers often differentiate themselves through proprietary solvers best suited for their applications and end-user needs. Mesh generation, however, is not usually a core competency and these vendors prefer to license a third-party component for this capability, rather than carry the cost and risk associated with doing the development work themselves. For internal development organizations working on highly-specialized applications, 3D Mesh enables them to concentrate their resources on addressing the specific problem, rather than expend valuable resources on technology that is already generally available.
“We are constantly looking to partner with companies like VKI that excel at what they do and offer technologies that complement our existing product portfolio,” commented Jerry Walters, Vice President of Marketing, Sales and Service. “Spatial ensures that the components all work together, eliminating the integration burden for our customers. Plus, our customers benefit from a single source for sales, support, and services.”
3D Mesh is delivered as thread-safe libraries, enabling multi-threaded applications to take advantage of multi-core hardware platforms and deliver optimal application performance. The software component includes an ACIS bridge, for easy integration with ACIS- and InterOp-enabled applications.
Key Features of 3D Mesh:
* Fast, fully automatic generation of triangular and quadrilateral surface meshes and tetrahedral volume meshes
* Mapped mesh, boundary layer, and extruded mesh generation including triangular, quadrilateral, tetrahedral, wedge, pyramidal and hexahedral elements
* Generation of both linear and parabolic elements in all cases
* Arbitrary points and lines may be embedded into a surface mesh; as well as points, lines, and triangles into a volume mesh
* Mesh sizing control with any combination of global element size, minimum element size, curvature based sizing, and growth rate parameters
* Unique defeaturing and healing capabilities on both the 3D geometry and the mesh
3D Mesh is available for free evaluation. Request forms are available on the company’s website.
Visual Kinematics, Inc. is a leading supplier of component software tools to the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) industry. The VKI component software product line addresses the entire spectrum of CAE simulation technology from mesh generation, data structures and interoperability tools to solvers, visualization and graphics. Since the company's founding in 1989, VKI component tools have been installed in analysis products including mechanical, fluids, electro-magnetic and multiphysics applications. With a reputation for delivering innovative, commercially robust products, Visual Kinematics is relied upon by the CAE industry's largest, and most respected, software companies. Visual Kinematics is headquartered in Saratoga, California. For more information, please visit www.vki.com
Spatial Corp., a Dassault Systèmes S.A. (Nasdaq: DASTY)(Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), is a leading provider of 3D development software components for technical applications across a broad range of industries. Spatial’s 3D modeling software, 3D visualization software, and 3D CAD translation software components help application developers deliver market-leading products, maintain focus on core competencies, and reduce time-to-market. Spatial 3D components have been adopted by some of the world's most recognized software developers, manufacturers, research institutes, and universities. Headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado, Spatial has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, China, and the United Kingdom. For more information, please visit http://www.spatial.com or contact Spatial by email at email@example.com or by phone at 303-544-2900.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio