Integrates TurboSquid library and sharing, selling and purchasing process into trueSpace
Redmond, WA – Caligari Corporation, the producer of award-winning 3D modeling, rendering and animation software and wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation, along with TurboSquid, providers of the largest library of 3D products for sale in the world, today announced the release of Tentacles for trueSpace.
This release integrates the TurboSquid online library and purchasing process into trueSpace, enabling users to share, sell, browse, compare and purchase 3D content (including models, textures, mocap data, trueSpace specific scripts, and more) without ever leaving trueSpace.
Tentacles provides a full content management system that lets users manage their draft and published content with an easy interface, and can also act as a secure, central location on the web giving them an instant backup for their critical files. In addition, artists can create their own private online workspaces in order to share designs with co-workers, fostering a collaborative environment between team members on a project, extending the in-built collaborative features found within trueSpace.
Since trueSpace also provides a direct method for publishing content onto Virtual Earth, this release gives trueSpace and Virtual Earth users an online warehouse, with an already established high-quality catalog that they can use in their 3D projects.
The Tentacles plug-in is available free of charge as a standalone install for trueSpace7.6. It will also be directly included in the next release of trueSpace7.61, both in the update patch and in the full version, to ensure that all trueSpace users will have access to the TurboSquid catalog.
"The ability to publish or search for content via the world's largest catalog of 3D-related material without having to break their workflow will be of great benefit to our trueSpace community," Roman Ormandy of Caligari Corporation said. "The fact that this includes trueSpace specific items such as scripts and layouts as well as access to general-format 3D content makes this a one-stop repository for everything a trueSpace user might need."
"This release puts easy access to the TurboSquid catalog into the hands of over a million new users," said Beau Perschall, TurboSquid's Vice President of Business Development. "It's exciting to know how many new users will now be able to share, sell and buy content, especially with this giving an easy bridge to get that content onto Virtual Earth."
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio