Adobe has released a new update for Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. A free downloadable executable contains several updated dynamic link libraries (DLLs) that provide support for more recent versions of CAD file formats when using Adobe® Acrobat 9 Pro Extended and Adobe 3D Reviewer.
The update, which is available at [http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4073], improves the 3D CAD translators to support new versions of several CAD formats.
The update also includes a number of bug fixes related to the IFC importer introduced in Acrobat 9 to support the exchange of 3D models between Architecture, Engineering, and Construction firms.
It also fixes a number of bugs related to CAD format import in Acrobat 9 Pro Extended and 3D Reviewer.
Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended - 3D Update Available
New Supported CAD format versions with this update:
CAD Format & Supported Versions
Dassault Catia V5 (Up to R19)
Autodesk Inventor (Up to 12.x and 2009)
CoCreate OneSpace Designer (V3 to V2008)
Siemens NX (Up to NX 6)
Siemens Parasolid (Up to 19)
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets