OCALA, Florida - Hanley Innovations, a leader in the development of software for aerodynamics conceptual design and analysis, announced the availability of MultiSurface Aerodynamics Version 3.1. MultiSurface Aerodynamics 3.1 is a Windows based software package for rapid aerodynamics conceptual and preliminary analysis and design of wings and other lifting surfaces.
The new features include:
* A quasi-steady rate of roll about a point in the y-z plane. This feature makes it possible to compute moments due to roll. It also computes adverse yaw wich can allow users to predict the range of rudder movments to offset these moments. It can also use it (in an iteratively manner) to compute the roll rate due to an aileron deflection (for example).
* A line vortex at a given location. The position and strength of the vortex (user defined) allows users to study the effects of wakes on their models.
* Surface normal movement. Users can prescribe a normal velocity at the tips of any given surface. A possible application is to simulate plunge. In a quasi- steady world, the user can work out the propulsion force due to the plunging motion of a hydrofoil or the flapping motion of a bird's (pteradon) wing.
* Ten levels of Undo. This allows users to quickly erase unintentional errors and to start over from the last "good' revision.
* Multiple levels of redo. This allows users to return to what just a second ago seemed like a mistake.
* EZSnap allows the user to easily join surfaces (tip- to-tip) from the ineractive editor. Just click on EZSnap button, click on the surface that you wish to move and then cick on the destinate surface. To watch the EZSnap demo - http://www.hanleyinnovations.com/snapdemo.html.
MultiSurface Aerodynamics 3.1 includes a built-in airfoil editor that allow users to read-in airfoil drawings in the .dxf format. It also has a three-dimensional trajectory tool for flight calculations.
The trajectory tool can be used for the following calculations:
* Climb/descent from one altitude to the next as a fucntions of time
* Time/distance covered during turning from one heading to the next.
* Estimation of takeoff distance
* Set-up "what if" scenarios for feasibility studies
* Rapidly study the merits of competing designs
More information about MultiSurface Aerodynamics is available at the following URL: http://www.hanleyinnovations.com/multisurface.
About Hanley Innovations
Hanley Innovations is a leader in aerodynamics preliminary and conceptual design and analysis software for education and industry. Software titles include MultiSurface Aerodynamics, MultiElement Airfoils and VisualFoil Plus,
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio