Tolland, CT – CNC Software announces the release of Mastercam X3. Mastercam X3 offers expanded machining flexibility and an increased emphasis on speed and automation. Feature Based Machining, new high speed tool motion, and faster toolpath generation combine with dozens of additional new enhancements in a package intended to improve shop floor productivity.
Here are the most significant highlights and new functionality in Mastercam X3:
Feature Based Machining – Almost every shop deals with solid models, and Mastercam delivers a powerful way to automatically mill and drill these parts. Valuable for experienced power users and easy enough for new users, FBM evaluates a part’s features and automatically designs an effective machining strategy.
2D High Speed Toolpaths – The success of Mastercam’s 3D high speed toolpaths leads to new high speed machining expressly for 2D machining. Although optimized for high speed cutting and hard milling, these offer many additional benefits including superior finish and longer tool life.
Faster Multiaxis Toolpaths – Substantially faster multiaxis toolpaths combined with enhanced control lets users get more out of these powerful toolpaths than ever before.
Mastercam in SolidWorks – This powerful new X3 package brings the most popular Mastercam toolpaths directly into SolidWorks. Designers who work with the world’s leading CAD system can now program those parts with the world’s leading CAM toolpaths in the same interface. This package will be released after the general release of Mastercam X3.
Other new enhancements include:
- Import full SolidWorks history trees
- Expanded support for cutting STL files
- CAD enhancements
- 3D high speed toolpath enhancements
- …and many more
Developed by CNC Software, Inc., Mastercam is Windows®-based CAD/CAM software for 2- through 5-axis milling and turning; 2- and 4-axis wire EDM; 2D and 3D design, surface, and solid modeling; artistic relief cutting, and 2D and 3D routing. CNC Software is a privately owned corporation founded in 1984. The U.S.-based company provides Mastercam CAD/CAM solutions to more than 124,000 installations in 75 countries in industries including mold-making, prototyping, automotive, medical, aerospace, and consumer products. Mastercam runs under Windows 2000 and Windows XP and is compatible with all other CAD/CAM systems. For more information about CNC Software, Inc. and its Mastercam family of products, contact CNC Software, Inc., M - F, 8 AM - 6 PM EST at (800) 228-2877 or (860) 875-5006, 671 Old Post Road, Tolland, CT 06084. Or visit www.mastercam.com.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets