Car Manufacturer Predicts Faster Development of Design Options for More Informed Decision Making
SAN RAFAEL, Calif -- Bentley Motors Limited is the latest prestige car manufacturer to choose Autodesk (NASDAQ: ADSK) software. The world-renowned firm, famous for its engineering and craftsmanship, has licensed Autodesk Showcase Professional software and predicts that it will almost halve the time required to create digital prototypes.
Jeff King, Digital Data manager at Bentley, said that he was looking for a software application that would enable concept designers to create images of the highest quality for faster and more informed decision making. "Being able to create accurate, realistic rendered images in this way gives us the opportunity to review designs and test the market at an earlier stage without physical prototypes," he said. "We are constantly looking at ways to make this process more efficient, and we believe that Showcase will help us streamline workflow while still offering the best visual experience possible."
"Increasingly, car manufacturers are recognizing the benefits of being able to offer design options that accurately reflect lifelike materials, lighting and environments at the concept stage," said Manish Amlani of Autodesk reseller Majenta Solutions UK, who secured the deal with Bentley. "Showcase enables users to do this and then review concepts in real time, so customers can make key decisions efficiently and economically."
Autodesk Showcase visualization software, part of the Autodesk Solution for Digital Prototyping, creates accurate, realistic imagery from 3D CAD data to enable interactive, real-time design reviews in the highest visual quality.
Autodesk, Inc., is the world leader in 2D and 3D design software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art Digital Prototyping solutions to help customers experience their ideas before they are real. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to visualize, simulate and analyze real-world performance early in the design process to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation. For additional information about Autodesk, visit www.autodesk.com.
Oct 7, 2008
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets