Fremont, Calif — 3Dconnexion’s award-winning line of 3D mice is now supported by the recently released Siemens Solid Edge® with synchronous technology, bringing advanced navigation features in Solid Edge Part, SheetMetal, Weldment, Assembly, and Draft documents.
Unlike mice confined to motion on one flat plane, 3Dconnexion’s 3D mice enable design engineers to move in all three dimensions simultaneously with six degrees of freedom to navigate advanced functions in the Solid Edge application environment more intuitively. Designed to integrate seamlessly into the 3D design workflow, 3Dconnexion’s 3D mice offer Solid Edge users a range of advanced navigation features and design benefits, including:
* Seamless transition between Object and Camera modes for a streamlined design experience
* Accessibility to essential 3D functions and tasks with one-touch access using the programmable buttons on the SpacePilot™ and SpaceExplorer™ for critical functions and speed keys
* Precise control of a rotation point or rotation axis, by selecting a Reference Plane, Face, Edge or Vertex/Point for the rotation point, and a Reference Plane, Linear segment or Vertex/Point for the rotation axis
* Quickly zoom into specific sections of the model with Zoom-to-Cursor by positioning the cursor on an area of the design
Additional highlights regarding availability and support include:
* Siemens Solid Edge with synchronous technology on Windows® XP (32-bit and 64-bit) and Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit).
* SpaceNavigator Personal Edition (MSRP $59), SpaceNavigator Standard Edition (MSRP $99), SpaceNavigator for Notebooks (MSRP $129), SpaceExplorer™ (MSRP $299), and SpacePilot™ (MSRP $399) are available from major online resellers, including Amazon, Buy.com, CDW, Dell, and PC Mall, as well as directly at www.3dconnexion.com.
* 3Dconnexion provides advanced and affordable 3D mice that are supported by more than 130 of today's leading and powerful 3D applications, including Adobe Photoshop® CS3 Extended and Acrobat® 9, Autodesk 3ds Max® and Maya®, CATIA, Google Earth™ and SketchUp®, Microsoft® Virtual Earth™, NX™, Pro/ENGINEER®, Second Life Grid® Platform, SolidWorks®, and all of the top-tier 3D CAD applications. For a complete list of applications supported by 3Dconnexion, visit: www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/cad/all_sup_app.php.
About 3Dconnexion, a Logitech Company
3Dconnexion, a wholly owned subsidiary of Logitech (SWX: LOGN) (Nasdaq: LOGI), is the leading provider of 3D mice for 3D design and visualization. 3Dconnexion devices support today's most popular and powerful 3D applications by offering users a more intuitive and natural way to interact with computer-generated 3D content. 3Dconnexion's award-winning 3D mice serve a wide variety of industries and are used by 3D designers, animators and artists worldwide. 3Dconnexion is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with European headquarters in Seefeld, Germany and offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.3Dconnexion.com.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets