JETCAM International s.a.r.l. has today announced details of developments that will benefit Dassault customers using Catia for composite or routing technologies.
For sheet metal customers using technologies such as routing, laser etc. running Catia v5 release 14 or above there is a free UDF (User Defined Feature) plug-in available for download from the JETCAM website that will assist in automating the export of 2D part and manufacturing information for processing within JETCAM’s suite of manufacturing applications.
Composite customers will also benefit from a similar level of integration. JETCAM Orders Controller can now automatically process composite ply XML data passed from Catia, providing full geometry and part programming information, which is then ready for processing through JETCAM Expert. As with routing this process can be fully automated using JETCAM’s RCP (Remote Control Processing) technologies.
Although the two developments above relate to separate manufacturing technologies they will deliver the same benefits to the user – the ability to completely automate the CAM process, from CATIA through to applying cutting technologies, nesting, generation of NC code, reporting, and additional integration with MRP systems and conversion of the customers legacy data.
Commented Mike Weber, Managing Director for JETCAM International s.a.r.l; "These developments are in line with our common aim of providing complete unmanned processing from CAD file to nested part. Joint JETCAM Dassault Catia users such as in the aerospace industry have already integrated JETCAM’s RCP to automatically process files provided to JETCAM from Catia – these developments will extend the reach of this automation a stage further. Users worldwide running the latest versions of both packages will be able to take advantage of these features at no extra cost, yet these powerful links in the manufacturing chain will help to cement a further return on their CAD/CAM investment."
About JETCAM International
JETCAM International has been developing and distributing its JETCAM Expert range of CADCAM software since 1986. In use in over 70 countries worldwide, JETCAM Expert software supports virtually every CNC punching, laser, plasma, routing, waterjet and flatbed cutting machine available today, allowing users to program any combination of CNC machines with a single CAM system.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets