Aberdeen Group recently released the “Greening Today’s Products” benchmark report, focusing on sustainable design and product innovation. Chad Jackson, author of this report, shares key findings from the survey with Invention Machine’s Jeff Boehm in the latest installment of Invention Machine’s Sustainable Innovation podcast series released today.
In this video podcast, Jackson discusses drivers behind green product development and why 96% of survey respondents are pursuing green initiatives. He also talks about the changing business landscape and tools used by best-in-class companies to deliver eco-friendly products. The growing challenge for engineers today is designing green products without missing project deadlines or exceeding development budget. According to Jackson, to be successful a company must effectively execute on green strategy by implementing a formal process for innovation and use a semantic concept retrieval tool to leverage existing technology to design cutting-edge products.
The Sustainable Innovation podcast series is designed to help companies’ better tackle innovation challenges and learn what global organizations are doing to sustain their product innovation processes.
Green Product Development Podcast
Chad Jackson, research director, Global Product Innovation & Engineering, Aberdeen
Host: Jeff Boehm, vice president, Marketing & Strategy, Invention Machine
Released Sept. 23, 2008
Invention Machine's Web site, http://www.invention-machine.com
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio