CONCORD, Mass. — Dassault Systèmes (DS) (NASDAQ: DASTY, Euronext Paris: #13065. DSY. PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced 3DVIA Shape 2.0, the latest release of its free 3D modeling software featuring an all new and expanded 3D remix capability. This latest update will make creating and publishing online 3D content amazingly easy by allowing users to construct or “remix” complete 3D scenes using models contributed by other users on the 3DVIA.com content library.
The new 3D remix functionality is accessed through a search panel within the product. Users simply enter a search term, select a model from the results and insert the model they need into their projects. With a few clicks of a mouse, users can create complete 3D models of just about anything and publish them online. For example, a user could build a 3D model of her house and accessorize it with furniture, cars and many of the models posted by the more than 45,000 registered users of the site.
“The new 3DVIA Shape further extends 3D content creation to a whole new set of users and provides a new outlet for our existing 3D artists to share their work,” said Lynne Wilson, senior vice president and general manager, 3DVIA, Dassault Systèmes. “The new 3D remix capability not only makes 3D publishing easier, but also more fun. We’re excited to see what our user community will create.”
The free 3D modeling software is available immediately and can be downloaded at www.3DVIA.com/shapeit. With the addition of the new 3D remix feature, 3DVIA Shape 2.0 will now provide three main areas of functionality.
* Shape: Simple, but powerful 3D modeling technology designed to be easy enough for anyone to quickly express ideas in 3D;
* Remix: Edit and modify Shape models published by other users, or skip right to constructing complete 3D scenes with models posted by the 3DVIA community; and
* Publish: Users can publish and share their work directly through 3DVIA.com and on their blogs, profiles or most Web pages through the embeddable 3DVIA interactive player.
Additional features of this release include upgrades to the user interface, video tutorials and other design and performance enhancements based on feedback from the fast-growing 3DVIA.com community.
3DVIA is Dassault Systèmes' brand for lifelike 3D product experiences. 3DVIA extends 3D to new users, businesses and consumers in order to create new communities with 3D as the common language. With its open web services-based architecture, it enables high-performance distribution of 3D content. 3DVIA also delivers authoring products that revolutionize 3D product publishing and the 3DVIA Virtools platform for developing interactive, real-time applications. For more information about 3DVIA, go to: http://www.3dvia.com.
About Dassault Systèmes:
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 100,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes develops and markets PLM application software and services that support industrial processes and provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance to recycling. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. Dassault Systèmes is listed on the Nasdaq (DASTY) and Euronext Paris (#13065, DSY.PA) stock exchanges. For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets