Transaction to Strengthen Free-form Surface Modeling Capabilities.
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) has acquired certain technology-related assets from T-Splines Inc., a privately-held surface modeling software company, based in Utah. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“The technology acquisition will strengthen our Digital Prototyping portfolio with more flexible free-form modeling and will help achieve even closer integration between industrial design and engineering workflows,” said Buzz Kross, senior vice president, Manufacturing Industry at Autodesk. “T-Splines technology will benefit designers and engineers that require watertight surfaces for downstream analysis and manufacturing.”
This transaction is expected to have no impact on guidance issued on November 15, 2011.
- 2008 International ANSYS Conference to Inspire Engineering
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Siemens PLM Software Redefines CAD/CAM/CAE Productivity and Product Development Decision Support with NX 7 Software
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- ETA releases PreSys R3 Service Pack
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets